Recent Commercial Posts
Are You Ready?
The best way to reduce business interruption is to prepare for it NOW.
Preparation is a key component for making it through any size disaster. The best time to plan for events such as a small water leak, a large fire or an area flood is not WHEN it happens, but well BEFORE it happens. So ask yourself, Are You Ready for Whatever Happens?
BY having SERVPRO of Port Jefferson develop a SERVPRO Emergency Ready Profile for your business, you minimize how water and fire damage can affect your business.
The SERVPRO Emergency Ready Profile provides the critical information needed to begin mitigation and recovery services. And, it's FREE.
Contact SERVPRO Port Jefferson to arrange a time for an ERP to be prepared for your business. Call today.
Back in Business!
When the unimaginable disaster happens at your business - Office, Restaurant, Medical Facility, Salon, etc. it affects not only you, but your employees and clients as well. For every day you're closed you are not making money.
SERVPRO Port Jefferson provides 24 Hour Emergency Response Services.
Whether it be Water Damage, Fire, Biohazard and Crime Scene services SERVPRO Port Jefferson provides total project management, Facilities Cleaning and Restoration and Contents Cleaning and Restoration.
We have the expertise and experience to get you back in business quickly! We stand Ready for Whatever Happens.
As many as 50% of businesses close down following a disaster. Of those that survive, most had a preparedness plan in place.
By developing a SERVPRO Emergency Ready Plan (FREE)for your business, you minimize business interruption. Call 631-476-5300 to learn more and to set a time to meet.
What is Smart911 & How does it work?
Smart911 is a service that allows residents to create a free Safety Profile for their household that includes any information they want 9-1-1 and first responders to have in the event of an emergency. Then, when anyone in that household dials 9-1-1 from a phone associated with their Safety Profile, their profile is immediately displayed to the 9-1-1 call taker providing additional information that can be used to facilitate the proper response to the proper location. At a time when seconds count, Smart911 provides details that could impact response the second an emergency call is placed, which could be the difference between life and death.
You can sign up for Smart911 and create a Safety Profile for your household to give 9-1-1 valuable information about yourself, family members, your home, pets and even vehicles that will display automatically on the 9-1-1 call taker's screen when you make an emergency call. It's private and secure and you control what information is in your profile. These details can save seconds or even minutes during an emergency.
Knee Deep: A Popular Children's Entertainment Company Flooded
This picture was taken of an arcade area in the building before SERVPRO of Port Jefferson began the restoration process.
On July 19th of 2018, SERVPRO of Port Jefferson began work on a flood case in Staten Island. The popular children's entertainment company faced sprinkler suppression system failure which caused the entire building to be flooded. Treading through water, our SERVPRO professionals didn't hesitate and began work immediately. Luckily, the water damage was a category one damage, so the carpet could be dried, cleaned and preserved. A category one water damage is classified as only involving clean water, whereas a category two and three both include dirty to black water. From the walkway to the back rooms, SERVPRO of Port Jefferson was able to restore the popular children's entertainment company by the 25th, just a mere seven days after the damage occurred.
If you or anyone you know is having flood damage, don't hesitate and call SERVPRO of Port Jefferson so we can help you get your home or business back to its preloss state.
Setup a plan with your community
Many Americans rely on their neighbors after a disaster, but there are also many ways you can help your neighbors before a hurricane approaches. Learn about all the different actions you and your neighbors can take to prepare and recover from the hazards associated with hurricanes. Start the conversation now with these Neighbor Helping Neighbor strategies.
Going over steps of prevention can help minimize the recovery efforts and have a speedy recovery. Everyone needs to be prepared for the unexpected.
When a community faces a disaster, everyone plays a key role in helping there region recover and rebuild.
For more information on steps to take during hurricane preparedness week, take a look at the following: https://www.weather.gov/safety/hurricane
May 1st - CE Course
New York Insurance
Continuing Education Course
Topic: “Biohazards and Bio-Recovery for Property Insurers”
Presented By: Robkat, Inc.
Provider # NYPO-100256
Licensees eligible for credit: BR, PC, C3, PA
3 Credit Hours
Sponsored by: SERVPRO® of Port Jefferson & Hicksville/Plainview
Date: May 1, 2018
Time: 9:00AM – 12:00PM
Location: Marriott Residence Inn9 Gerhard Road, Plainview, NY
Course Fee: $60.00 (Waived by SERVPRO®)
Complimentary Continental Breakfast
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
- Definitions that differentiate bio-hazards and hazardous materials – How lead paint, asbestos, meth lab residues, fungus, bacteria, viruses, human and animal waste, are classified
- Insurance coverage and limitations involving biohazards and bio-recovery
- The more frequent types of biohazards that affect industries and occupations
- How biohazards and hazardous material effects otherwise typical water and fire damage mitigation
- The human emotional effects of biohazard recovery on families, survivors, and workers
- How bio-recovery workers are screened, trained, and prepared for bio-events
- Objectives for a successful bio-recovery
- Job site and bio-recovery worker safety protocol when exposed to potentially infectious or hazardous materials - What is considered a Bloodborne Pathogen
- Federal and State regulatory agencies that have oversight of biohazards containment and Transportation
- What is the ‘Good Samaritan’ rule in biohazard cleanup
- Accepted bio-recovery protocols and guidelines
Autumn Home Maintenance Safety Tips
Fall is the time for yard clean-ups and readying your house for the cold winter ahead. Keep these safety tips in mind as you work.
Look Up Before Pruning Trees
If you have decided that your yard needs to be spruced up by trimming your trees, be sure to look up and survey the area carefully before you start. Make careful note of where power lines are located before you set up your ladder so that it is positioned away from them.
Use Caution on Ladders
Wearing appropriate footwear is important when using a ladder; shoes or boots may be wet, causing you to slip as you climb the ladder. The ladder should be positioned on a flat surface before use. Be sure that the tools you are using are specifically designed for this purpose and are in good condition before starting work.
Clean Up Fallen Leaves
Keep your driveway and walkway clear of falling leaves. Wet leaves can create a hazard for pedestrians in the fall by making sidewalks slippery. Later in the season, snow may mix with leaves to increase the risk of falling. Homeowners should mulch or rake up fallen leaves and dispose of them according to local bylaws.
Safely Enjoy the Beauty of the Season
By keeping these important fall safety tips in mind, you can be sure you are doing everything you can to protect yourself and your family from seasonal dangers. This will leave your mind free to enjoy the beauty of this glorious season.
Thunderstorms can be more dangerous than you think! They happen often and can cause a lot of damage to your home. Of course, there are ways to help prevent this.
To prepare for a Thunderstorm, you should do the following:
- You should build an emergency kit and make a family communications plan.
- Remove dead or rotting trees and branches that could fall and cause injury or damage.
- Secure outdoor objects that could blow away or cause damage.
- Get inside a home, building, or hard top automobile (not a convertible).
- Shutter windows and secure outside doors. If shutters are not available, close window blinds, shades or curtains.
- Unplug any electronic equipment well before the storm arrives.
Here are some facts about Thunderstorms!
- They may occur singly, in clusters or in lines.
- Some of the most severe occur when a single Thunderstorm affects one location for an extended time.
- Warm, humid conditions are highly favorable for Thunderstorm development.
You Can't Clean Everywhere.... But WE CAN!
SERVPRO of Port Jefferson proven duct cleaning system is cost efficient. Unlike many duct cleaning services, our SERVPRO professionals use a portable ventilation & Air Duct Cleaning System to examine ductwork and make a clean sweep, removing years of dust and grime.
Improve the Air Quality of Your Business
When addressing air quality, inspecting the ductwork is SERVPRO of Port Jefferson first order of business. Dirty ducts can circulate odors and contaminants like mold and irritating dust throughout the building. SERVPRO of Port Jefferson uses a proven portable ventilation & air duct cleaning system to help improve the air quality of your business.
SERVPRO Duct Cleaning Process
- The process begins by using patented equipment including a roto-scraper, which automatically adapts to the duct's shape and diameter while traveling through the duct, removing debris and filth before vacuuming begins.
- Next, a powerful push-pull air delivery and collection system transfers the debris from the ducting to a 16-gallon container.
- Air is filtered through a HEPA filtration system, removing 99.97 percent of the particles in the airstream. HEPA filters capture debris and keep the indoor environment clean.
- As an optional process, a sealant or coating product may be sprayed to address odor or microbial concerns.
- Filters will either be cleaned or replaced to remove odor and dirt.
Sweeping Away Years of Dust and Dirt - Reducing Potential Health Risks
Since the vent system is often the biggest culprit in poor indoor air quality, inspecting the ductwork should be high priority. Often times the HVAC system has been operating for some time without much attention. Dirt ducts can circulate odors, contaminants such as mold and irritating dust throughout your building.
A routine of SERVPRO Port Jefferson service is inspecting the heating, ventilation and air conditioning unit (HVAC). Keeping the HVAC system and ductwork clean can potentially extend the life span of the equipment by allowing it to operate at peak condition, which can in turn save you money.
SERVPRO of Port Jefferson Professionals can inspect your HVAC system and ductwork and make recommendations about the best ways to address any indoor air quality concerns. This inspection can save you money and provide peace of mind on the health of your HVAC system and ductwork. Duct cleaning may not always be necessary.
Failure to clean often leads to home clothes dryer fires!
The leading cause of home clothes dryer fires is failure to clean them (34 %).2,900 home clothes dryer fires are reported each year and cause an estimated 5 deaths, 100 injuries, and $35 million in property loss.
Follow these simple safety tips to prevent a clothes dryer fire in your home!
• Have your dryer installed and serviced by a professional.
• Do not use the dryer without a lint filter. Clean the lint filter before and after each cycle.
• Do not forget to clean the back of the dryer where lint can build up.
• Check the venting system behind the dryer to make sure that it is not damaged, crushed or restricted.
• Make sure that the outdoor vent covering opens when the dryer is operating.
Commercial Property Services
24-Hour Emergency Response
- Catastrophic Storm and Wide Area Event Response
- Large Loss and Single Event Response
Water Damage Services
- Water Removal and Dehumidification
- Mold Mitigation and Remediation
- Building Stabilization and Climate Control
Fire Damage Services
- Smoke and Soot Cleanup
- Pretesting (For Best Cleaning Methods)
Biohazard & Crime Scene Services
- HAZMAT Cleanup
- Vandalism Cleanup
Total Project Management
- IICRC Certified
- Mobile Command Centers
- Electronic File Documentation
- Online Data Reporting
- Mitigation Performance Validation
Facilities Cleaning & Restoration
- Air Ducts and HVAC Cleaning
- Carpet, Upholstery, Drapes and Blinds
- Ceilings, Walls and Hard Floors
- Odor Identification and Deodorization
- Post Construction Cleanup and Selective Demolition
- Specialized Media Blasting
- Over Spray
- Power Washing
- Construction Drying
- High Volume Capacity
- Contents Cleaning & Restoration
- Move Outs and Contents Restoration
- Electronics and Equipment Cleaning and Restoration
- Document Restoration
- Art Restoration
- Data Recovery
- Contents Claim Inventory Service
- Inventory Control and Documentation
- Cargo Recover (Trucking Industry)
Emergency Ready Program
- Minimize Business Interruption
- Disaster Recovery
- Back Into Business Faster
- No Cost Assessment
Overview of SERVPRO's Emergency Damage Process
One Hour: Within one hour from notice of loss, a SERVPRO Professional will contact you to arrange for service. You will know help is on the way.
Four Hours: Within four hours of loss notification, a SERVPRO Professional will walk you through the job process step-by-step, explaining what to expect and the anticipated outcome.
Pretesting: A SERVPRO Professional will begin pretesting for restorability, working from the source of the damage outward
Eight Hours: Within eight business hours of on-site arrival, a verbal briefing of the scope will be communicated to the appropriate person, normally the adjuster or property manager.
Cleaning & Restoration: SERVPRO Professional will work neatly and efficiently to help you regain control of your property when a damaging event has taken over. They will use state-of-the-art restoration techniques to ensure the property is taken care of right the first time.
Final Walk-Through: After the work has been completed, a final walk-through will be conducted to help ensure satisfaction.
Government Facilities have to stay opened, even when they need to be cleaned or restored.
When disaster strikes a government facility, SERVPRO of Port Jefferson/Stony Brook Professionals answers the call quickly to assess the damage and start mitigation procedures, helping to ensure minimum service interruption and lower recovery costs.
The SERVPRO Difference
SERVPRO of Port Jefferson/Stony Brook Professionals respond to disaster situations with the right personnel and equipment to provide timely mitgation - the key to controlling damage, lowering recovery costs and minimizing interruption to the public and employees. From large disasters to those special cleaning needs that exceed the capabilities of a facility's janitorial service, SERVPRO Professionals are committed to timely response and total customer satisfaction.
You can trust the SERVPRO Franchise System
When disaster strikes a government facility SERVPRO of Port Jefferson/Stony Brook Professional answers the call quickly to assess the damage and start mitigation procedures, helping to ensure minimum service interruption and lower recovery costs.