How To Record Flood Damage For Insurance Claims In Setauket
SERVPRO Helps Setauket Attractions with Flood Damage
Setauket is a charming census-designated place on Long Island. The hamlet is an idyllic spot that features a village green, with a post office, a church, and a library clustered around it. Because Setauket is a primarily residential area, it makes a lovely base for exploring Long Island while enjoying some peace and quiet.
Settlers first purchased the Setauket area in 1655, and its long history is still visible today, especially in the charmingly-named Bethel-Christian Avenue-Laurel Hill Historical District. It is registered as an endangered historic site, and there are many culturally significant places in the district:
- The Eato House belonged to the Reverend David Eato, one of Bethel African Methodist Episcopal Church's first pastors. He and his wife, Mary, a freed slave, lived in the house for many years.
- Patriots Rock is famous as the site where Colonel Webb fired his cannons during the Revolutionary War.
- The Hawkins Homestead is a historic house that dates back to 1660.
Enjoy the Great Outdoors Near Setauket
Setauket is ideal for enjoying the great outdoors, with beaches, forests, and nature walks close by. Some popular nature locations include:
- West Meadow Beach is a short distance from East Setauket and is popular all year round. There is a long walking trail for those looking for exercise and a playground for the kids. Or for a quieter day out, there is a bird-watching area, or you can enjoy strolling on the beach.
- Benner's Farm is a family-run farm where you can take the kids to meet and greet some cute animals and learn all about maple syrup production. Watch maple trees being tapped, and enjoy some fresh syrup on some pancakes!
- Avalon Park and Preserve offers tranquil walks through quiet woods and beside lakes. There are places to stop and admire the view or eat a picnic.
Find Some Family Fun at the Country Fair
If your kids are looking for something a little more exciting, visit nearby the Country Fair Entertainment Park at nearby Medford. This fun family park has a laid-back, retro vibe that will make you feel like you're starring in a 1960s movie! Kids will love the batting ranges, go-karts, bumper cars, and a classic arcade. If you fancy something a little more sedate, enjoy a leisurely round of mini-golf on one of the two beautiful mini-golf courses, filled with fountains, flowers, and beautiful buildings.
How Should you Record Flood Damage for Insurance Claims?
If you run an attraction in Setauket, you do not want it to be flooded! Unfortunately, even with the best intentions, flood damage can occur. When that happens, you will want to contact your insurance company as soon as possible. Your insurer will ask you to record flood damage. SERVPRO can help you with this by:
- Photographing damage to your premises and contents.
- Talking to your insurers on your behalf
- Advising you on what to keep and what to discard
We clean your premises and also clean and disinfect items that we can salvage. We also take care of damp odors to leave your attraction smelling fresh and ready for visitors.
For help with flood damage in your Setauket attraction, call SERVPRO of Port Jefferson at (631) 476-5300.