Clean Homes Sell Faster
Get it clean - Get it Sold
Dirty Ducts can circulate odors and contaminants like mold and irritating dust throughout a home. SERVPRO of Port Jefferson/Stony Brook Professionals use a portable ventilation & air duct cleaning system to examine ductwork and make a clean sweep, removing years of dust and grime.
Duct & HVAC System cleaning can:
- Reduce allergens and pet dander
- Eliminate offensive odors
- Improve operating conditions and efficiency
Molds are found in every environment, and mold spores reproduce rapidly when moisture is present. An Institute of Medicine study found excessive dampness indoors encourages the growth of molds and other organisms, causing a public health problem. The EPA advised that the potential health concerns from molds are an important reason to prevent moisture problems leading to mold growth. It is especially important to clean up existing indoor mold growth to increase property appeal and retain its value. If a property has experienced a water intrusion, SERVPRO of Port Jefferson professional can inspect the damage to see whether moisture has penetrated materials or is allowing mold growth.
Control Moisture- Reduce Mold
Prior to listing a property, the following steps can be taken to reduce the potential for moisture buildup or mold growth. Should a damage event occur, timely response is the key to preventing further damage - act within the first 24 to 48 hours.
- Correct any water leaks or standing water
- Remove standing water under cooling coils or air handling units
- Properly maintain humidifiers, if used
- Replace wet or visibly moldy insulation materials
- Steam cleaning and other methods involving moisture should not be used on any kind of duct work
- Install a ventilation system
Pass More Home Inspections
Your sellers may have trouble spots to address before you list a property or schedule an inspection. The clients may choose to handle these issues themselves to avoid filing an insurance claim for the damage because it may not be covered by their policy and can affect the homes CLUE report. CLUE (Comprehensive Loss Underwriting Exchange) is a database which records reported loss and damage information, and it is utilized by most insurance companies. Unfavorable CLUE reports can lead to increased premiums and policy renewal issues for property owners.
Top Show Condition an Ready to Sell
It is a fact: A clean, fresh smelling home sells faster. Unfortunately, not all homes are maintained in the same way. Nearly all realtors are faced, at some point, with a difficult listing to show.
Veteran realtors encourage clients to keep their hoes in top condition for very important reasons:
- Increased market value
- Reduced list to sale conversion times
- Enhanced reputation for quality listings and quick sales
SERVPRO of Port Jefferson offers a variety of services to help revive your listings to show condition:
- Carpet, Upholstery, Drapery and Blind Cleaning
- Ceiling, Wall and Hard Floor Cleaning
- Duct & HVAC Cleaning
- Mold Mitigation and Remediation