You Can't Clean Everywhere.... But WE CAN!
SERVPRO of Port Jefferson proven duct cleaning system is cost efficient. Unlike many duct cleaning services, our SERVPRO professionals use a portable ventilation & Air Duct Cleaning System to examine ductwork and make a clean sweep, removing years of dust and grime.
Improve the Air Quality of Your Business
When addressing air quality, inspecting the ductwork is SERVPRO of Port Jefferson first order of business. Dirty ducts can circulate odors and contaminants like mold and irritating dust throughout the building. SERVPRO of Port Jefferson uses a proven portable ventilation & air duct cleaning system to help improve the air quality of your business.
SERVPRO Duct Cleaning Process
- The process begins by using patented equipment including a roto-scraper, which automatically adapts to the duct's shape and diameter while traveling through the duct, removing debris and filth before vacuuming begins.
- Next, a powerful push-pull air delivery and collection system transfers the debris from the ducting to a 16-gallon container.
- Air is filtered through a HEPA filtration system, removing 99.97 percent of the particles in the airstream. HEPA filters capture debris and keep the indoor environment clean.
- As an optional process, a sealant or coating product may be sprayed to address odor or microbial concerns.
- Filters will either be cleaned or replaced to remove odor and dirt.
Sweeping Away Years of Dust and Dirt - Reducing Potential Health Risks
Since the vent system is often the biggest culprit in poor indoor air quality, inspecting the ductwork should be high priority. Often times the HVAC system has been operating for some time without much attention. Dirt ducts can circulate odors, contaminants such as mold and irritating dust throughout your building.
A routine of SERVPRO Port Jefferson service is inspecting the heating, ventilation and air conditioning unit (HVAC). Keeping the HVAC system and ductwork clean can potentially extend the life span of the equipment by allowing it to operate at peak condition, which can in turn save you money.
SERVPRO of Port Jefferson Professionals can inspect your HVAC system and ductwork and make recommendations about the best ways to address any indoor air quality concerns. This inspection can save you money and provide peace of mind on the health of your HVAC system and ductwork. Duct cleaning may not always be necessary.
Staying safe during Summer Storms
It is difficult to prepare for the unpredictable however, there are steps you can take now to ensure you are ready when disaster strikes.
Before the Storm
- Build an emergency supply kit and develop a communication plan.
- Unplug any electronic equipment before the storm arrives
- Secure outdoor objects that could blow away or cause damage
- If you are outdoors, get inside a building, home or hard top vehicle (not convertible)
- Shutter window and secure outside doors. If shutter are not available, close window blinds, shades or curtains.
During the storm
- Use your battery-operated NOAA Weather Radio for updates from local officials.
- Avoid contact with corded phones. Cordless and cellular phones are safe to use.
- Avoid contact with electrical equipment or cords.
- Unplug appliances and other electrical items, such as computers. Power surges from lightning can cause serious damage.
- Avoid contact with plumbing. Plumbing and bathroom fixtures can conduct electricity.
- Stay away from windows and doors.
After the storm
- Never drive through a flooded roadway.
- Stay away from storm-damaged areas to keep from putting yourself at risk.
- Stay away from downed power lines and report them immediately
Recommended items for basic emergency supply kit
- Water (one gallon per person per day)
- Food (non-perishable 3-day supply)
- Manual can opener
- Battery operated radio, preferably a NOAA Weather Radio
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- First Aid Kit
- Whistle to signal for help
- Dust Masks or bandanas
- Plastic sheeting, garbage bags and duct tape
- Wrench or pliers to turn off utilities
- Hygiene items
- Important documents;copies of insurance policies, identification and bank account information
- Fire Extinguisher
- Matches in a waterproof container
Hurricane season starts June 1st and runs through November 30th.
Be prepared in case of an unforeseen disaster.
Water Intrusion in one room can mean Water Damage in other rooms
Removing surface water can help prevent more extensive damage . However, water intrusions invade floors, ceiling and walls to find the lowest point in your home. Standing water from an overflowing bathtub or other water incident will search for pin hole crevices and crack in your floors and walls looking for a way to travel downward. Surfaces such as wood, drywall and carpet pull water away from plain sight and into the interiors of your home.
Should a water incident occur in your home, remove excess water with mopping or blotting, remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions for even drying and place aluminum foil or wood blocks under furniture legs. These tips may prevent further damage to your home and personal belongings.
SERVPRO of Port Jefferson's Professionals offer:
- 1-4-8 Service Response Guidelines helps you regain control and peace of mind.
- 1: Within one hour from notice of loss, a SERVPRO Professional will contact you to arrange for service.
- Within four hours of loss notification, a SERVPRO professional will be on-site to start mitigation services.
- Within eight business hours of on-site arrival, a verbal briefing of the scope will be communicated to the appropriate person.
- Our Trained Uniformed Professionals arrive with clean trucks and the latest equipment to locate the source of the damage, detect moisture levels and dry all affected areas.
- Proper and immediate handling of even a small water damage may retain the resale value of your home.
- Quality service through documentation and continued communication helps ensure your are satisfied.
SERVPRO Professionals are available 24-Hours a day, 365 days a year to help get your life back.
Contact SERVPRO of Port Jefferson at any time
When Dealing with Mold, Don't Just Hire Anyone
Some forms of mold can add value to our lives, other forms can be harmful. Over 100,000 different kinds of fungi have been identified. Excessive amounts of mold, different types of mold, and/or exposure to molds may present health concerns for some people.
Intrusion of water into your home or place of business can result in mold growth Water intrusions from storm damage, plumbing or equipment failure, long standing leaks, and poor humidity control. When water intrusions are not addressed right away, the resulting damage can present increased risk or harmful mold growth. If the humidity and moisture levels in a water-damaged environment are not promptly returned to normal, mold spores may grow and multiply.
SERVPRO of Port Jefferson Professionals handle water damages every day and know prompt action is required to prevent mold growth. If there is an ongoing moisture problem in the building, be alert for:
- The presence of visible mold
- Strong musty odors, which may indicate mold is present
- Any evidence of past moisture problems that might have caused undetected mold growth
- Excessive humidity
These conditions may require the expertise of a qualified Indoor Air Quality/Environmental Professional to inspect the building for mold growth and water damage problems.
SERVPRO of Port Jefferson care about proper restoration of you structure and, in most water damage situations, can safely restore your building to preloss condition.
If you think you have a mold problem, feel free to call SERVPRO of Port Jefferson today to protect your health and your property. 631-476-5300
SERVPRO of Port Jefferson - Can help you with your spring cleaning!
Need help with your spring cleaning? SERVPRO of Port Jefferson can help. We offer various services to our residential and commercial clients. Not only do we handle storm damage disaster cleanup, we offer the follow (to name a few..):
Air Duct Cleaning - Our SERVPRO professionals can inspect your HVAC system and duct work. Cleaning services can be provided to help restore peak energy efficiency, eliminate offensive odors, and improve indoor air quality.
Carpet Cleaning - Our professional cleaning can address moderate and heavy soil conditions in your carpets. How often you’ll need professional cleaning depends on soil build-up, traffic, type and color of carpeting. A good rule of thumb would be to professionally clean your carpet every 12 months.
Odor Identification And Deodorization - Our SERVPRO professionals will find the source of the odor and determine the best methods to neutralize and eliminate the odor from your home or business.
Upholstery And Furniture Cleaning - SERVPRO professionals can inspect and test fabrics to determine the safest and most effective cleaning method, to effectively extend its useful life.
Failure to clean often leads to home clothes dryer fires!
The leading cause of home clothes dryer fires is failure to clean them (34 %).2,900 home clothes dryer fires are reported each year and cause an estimated 5 deaths, 100 injuries, and $35 million in property loss.
Follow these simple safety tips to prevent a clothes dryer fire in your home!
• Have your dryer installed and serviced by a professional.
• Do not use the dryer without a lint filter. Clean the lint filter before and after each cycle.
• Do not forget to clean the back of the dryer where lint can build up.
• Check the venting system behind the dryer to make sure that it is not damaged, crushed or restricted.
• Make sure that the outdoor vent covering opens when the dryer is operating.
SERVPRO of Port Jefferson & The American Red Cross
Have questions? – We’re Here To Help®
Stamp out home fires, let's make it
"Like it never even happened"
SERVPRO of Port Jefferson’s continued commitment to the American Red Cross by supporting the disaster responder with an emphasis on the home fire preparedness campaign. The home fire preparedness campaign aligns with SERVPRO of Port Jefferson’s aim at reducing home fire deaths and injuries across the United States
Be informed, be aware, be safe
For more information on children and fire safety Check out the American Red Cross Website.
Have questions? – We’re Here to Help®
Fire safety escape plans and more: Don't Hesitate Call SERVPRO of Port Jefferson:631-476-5300
24 Hours a day/ 7 days a week/ 365 days a year
When a water damage occurs in your Port Jefferson Home.
When dealing with a water damage timing is crucial. Basement flooding or storm damage doesn't wait for regular business hours and neither do we.
SERVPRO of Port Jefferson professionals respond immediately and efficiently to your residential or commercial water removal or clean-up needs.
Our professionals use advanced equipment and techniques to begin the mitigation procession and remove the water quickly. Our fast response time and advanced drying methods help prevent secondary damage and mold. SERVPRO of Port Jefferson's professionals closely monitor and verify our customers property is dried thoroughly and properly. Our professionals are trained to know how to use are equipment from dehumidifying, deodorizing and disinfecting. Our professionals restore your business or home with minimal disruption to your life and quickly make it Like it never even happened.
When a water damage take control of your life, nobody helps take it back like SERVPRO of Port Jefferson. We provide 24/7 Emergency Service.
Call Today! 631-476-5300
Home Fire Safety Tips for Winter
Did you know that home fires occur more often in the winter than during any other season? Make sure you take the necessary safety precautions. Here are some fire safety tips to follow:
• Keep trash and other combustibles away from the furnace.
• Hire a professional to inspect and maintain your furnace . Inspections ensure that all furnace controls and functions are in good working order.
• If your furnace breaks leave repairs to a knowledgeable professional.
• Have the chimney inspected and cleaned once a year. The best time to do this is in the fall before the snow and cold weather hits.
• Close the glass doors or set a mesh metal screen in front of a lit fireplace to prevent embers from jumping out and unwanted materials from falling in.
• Keep blankets, clothing and other combustible materials away from the fireplace.
• Build a small fire and add logs as necessary to keep the fire going. Avoid using excess amounts of paper when starting a fire.
• Never burn charcoal in the fireplace since this gives off high amounts of carbon monoxide.
• Put out the fire before you go to sleep.
• Never close the fireplace damper with hot ashes in the fireplace. Once the ashes cool, store them outside in a tightly sealed metal container at least 10 feet from the house.
Portable Space Heater
• Plug space heaters directly into the wall; avoid using extension cords if possible. Also, plug only one space heater into an outlet at a time. Plugging two in together could overload the circuit.
• Keep space heaters at least three feet away from anything combustible, including bedding, clothing and drapes.
• Check power cords occasionally for fraying or breakage. Never operate a space heater with a damaged cord.
• Turn off the space heater when you leave home or go to sleep. Never leave it running unattended.
• Never hang gloves, socks or other items over a space heater to dry.
• Never run a space heater in the bathroom or other damp area where it could come in contact with water.
Stove and Oven
• Keep an ABC fire extinguisher under the kitchen sink. ABC stands for “ash”, “barrel”, and “current”. An ABC fire extinguisher is capable of handling trash, wood and paper fires (ash); cooking oil, gasoline, and other flammable liquid fires (barrel); and electrical equipment fires (current).
• If a fire extinguisher isn’t available, put out stovetop grease fires with liberal amounts of salt and baking soda, not water.
• Never leave the oven or stove on as supplementary heat for your home.
• Don’t cook if you are sleepy or have been drinking alcohol.
• Never leave the kitchen while frying, grilling, boiling or broiling.
• Set a timer to remind you when food is done cooking.
• Keep anything that could catch fire away from the stove top.
• Burn candles in sturdy holders and set them on a stable surface.
• Keep candles one foot away from anything that could catch fire.
• Blow out candles when you go to sleep or leave home. Avoid burning candles in the bedroom where you could fall asleep with them still lit.
• Never leave a child unattended with a burning candle.
• Store matches and lighters out of reach of children.
• Install a smoke alarm on every floor of your home, including inside bedrooms and outside each sleeping area.
• Change the batteries in the smoke alarm once a year. It's helpful to set a schedule to do this at the same time annually, for example when the clocks change for daylight savings time.
• Test smoke alarms monthly. Simply press the “test” button and wait for the alarm to sound. If the alarm doesn’t go off, change the batteries and try again. If the alarm still doesn’t work, replace it as soon as possible.
Mold Remediation for your Port Jefferson Home
Mold is a type of fungus that grows on a variety of surfaces in damp and dark environments. Like other fungal growths, mold spreads by releasing invisible spores into the surrounding air. These spores then settle on new surfaces. The spores can also remain in the air for long periods and may repopulate mold colonies on surfaces that were previously cleaned. Mold can come in a variety of colors.
The quick and complete removal of a mold colony is the only way to protect against the health hazards of mold. Mold can be scrubbed away with hot soapy water for a quick fix. Control of moisture will lessen mold growth, but mold is notoriously difficult to eradicate. Hiring a professional service, such as SERVPRO, will ensure that mold is cleaned away completely and that the initial cause of the mold growth is fixed. Cleaning the air in the home is also important to eliminate airborne spores that may repopulate the mold. Air purifiers or filters are effective at eliminating spores.
SERVPRO of Port Jefferson is locally owned and operated
We are proud to serve our local communities and can remediate your mold problem quickly and safely. Call us Today 631-476-5300